Skinfood Good Afternoon Apple Cinnamon Tea BB Cream

10:07 Luna Solaris 0 Comments





 This is what it claims:

" This BB Cream is a brightening BB Cream that re-illuminates skin with apple extract and detoxifies impurities with cinnamon, promoting a more even and brighter skin tone. With SPF 36 PA++. "


I have shade  #2. So when I first tried it out I didn't like it so much because I have very oily skin and this BB Cream has quite a dewy finish and doesn't offer much oil control if any at all. I know that there is one BB Cream in Skinfoods Good Afternoon Line especially for Oil Control (Peach Green Tea), but I was quite keen on getting the Apple and Cinnamon one because I just love Apples and Cinnamon ^.^
So you probably wonder I it is now my most used BB cream :) Well when I went on holidays to Mauritius a few months ago I didn't want to take too much make up with me and so I thought why not kill two birds with one stone  and bring this BB cream because it also has  an SPF 36 PA++ and it is the darkest BB Cream I own. So when I tanned a little bit I didn't have to worry much about matching my skintone.

The coverage goes from light to medium, so it's basically like a tinted Moisturizer. It evens out my skintone fairly good but for blemishes or redness I  have to use an extra concealer. 

The color is a bit darker than most of my other BB Creams (I'll add a swatch comparison of all of my BB Creams later). It has a slightly orangeish undertone and not so much of a greyish cast like most of the other BB Creams I own. For Reference I got a little tan after I went on holidays so I am currently about NC 25 in MAC terms and I used to be NC 15 - NC 20 depending on the time of the year :). It is a little bit too light for me as you can tell in the last 2 pictures from my neck but it was freshly applied and after it oxidizes it's not so much noticeable anymore. It's still a tad bit too light though!

What I like about it is the scent. As the name says it has a slight Apple Cinnamon Scent which smells a bit artificial but still quite pleasant to me :) And don't worry it will fade away soon after you applied it but I guess you still kinda have to like sweet smells for first appliance ^^.

As for the Oil Control I have to say my skin has changed quite a bit in these few month because I've been on an acne treatment (Ill report about this late ;) ) which is quite drying. I still have oily skin but it's now more managable and when I set this BB Cream with powder my skin gets only a little bit shiny after about 3-4hrs depending on the activity. And for me that's pretty good I used to get oily after one hour already.

So here are a few before and after photos so you can get a first impression of the BB Cream:

My bare skin (sorry for the gross pictures but I wanted to you to get a true impression of its coverage by showing you my most trouble area in my face) So as you can see I have quite a lot of acne marks (yes those are just scars and no actual pimples) and a few freckles




This is with one layer of BB cream. Skin already looks brighter and more evened out but my natural skin especially the redness from my faded pimples is still peeking through. Also you can tell it has quite a dewy finish:




and here it is with 2 Layers,
Looks already pretty good to me doesn't it :)?!

 

Swatch on my arm :)

Overall I would recommend this to people

  • who have light to medium skin and want a brighter looking skin with dewy finish
  • who don't need heavy coverage for acne scars
  • who have normal to dry skin 
  • who like sweet scents :) 








0 Kommentare: